Only have one day free to prepare for your birth? Don’t worry, we’ve got you!
Sample One-Day Class Schedule:
- What does labor look like?
- Exploring coping and comfort measures for intensity
- Two hands-on pain coping techniques: utilizing your breath & utilizing distractions
- Stages of labor Part 1: Late pregnancy to early labor
- How and when to time contractions
- Physiology (hormones) of labor and birth
- Stages of labor Part 2: Active labor
- Stages of labor Part 3: Pushing and immediate postpartum
- Maps to guide the emotional and physical process of labor (understanding both medical and internal maps)
- Optimal maternal and fetal positioning
- Informed consent: How to have a conversation with your care provider in connection rather than resistance. Also known as freedom to burn that 12 page birth plan: how can you and your partner handle each moment and decision that may present itself and make a decision about what is best for you and your baby based on the current situation?
- Unexpected events, including how to have a cesarean birth in awareness
- Wise and compassionate use of drugs and pain medication when necessary
- Closing our time together: I can’t tell you more…it’s a surprise. You’ll be glad you chose this class!